Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread

Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread


Do you know what today is? Friday, September 23rd, yes, but more importantly, the first day of fall! There might not be any leaves changing color or a crisp in the air, but I can still enjoy one of my favorite parts of fall. Pumpkin.

I can never wait for the official start of fall to bake with pumpkin and this year was no exception. I've already made my favorite pumpkin blondies and last weekend I whipped up something special to share with all on this special day. And oh man am I excited to share it with you. The light yeasted dough reminds me of a doughnut and the warmth from the rum glaze just screams fall. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!


Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread with Buttered Rum Glaze
(Adapted from Willow Bird Baking)

Ingredients
Bread2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup milk
2 1/4 teaspoons (1 envelope) active dry yeast
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups bread flour

1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
2 Tbsp unsalted butter

Buttered Rum Glaze
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/8 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp milk
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp rum *

*The recipe I used called for just a 1/4 tsp of rum but I really wanted to be able to taste the rum, so I upped it to a full tablespoon. It was just right for my taste, adding a nice warmth to the glaze. If you're not into rum you can sub a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
http://jessicainsd.blogspot.com/2011/09/pull-apart-cinnamon-sugar-pumpkin-bread.html#comment-form

No comments:

Post a Comment