8 oz mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1 t coconut oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 t cumin
1 t chili powder
1 t sea salt
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Arrange the mushrooms, carrots, and celery in a single layer on the lined baking sheet and place in the oven to dry-roast for 30 minutes.
3. In the meantime, place the quinoa in a a small saucepan and cover with the water. Bring to a boil, then cover, lower the heat, and cook for 15 minutes, until all of the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic until tender, 8-10 minutes.
5. Transfere the cooked onion and garlic, roasted vegetables, and coded quinoa to a large food processor fitted with an "S" blade. add the cumin, chili powder, and salt and process until a uniform mixture is created. It should be sticky enough to easily form burger patties.
6. Divide the mixture into 4 servings (about 1/2 cup each) and use your hands to shape patties that are 1/2 inch thick. Arrange them on the lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and use a spatula to carefully flip them over ( they will be delicate) and then return tho the oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes. The burgers are done when the oustide is crisp, but the inside is still tender. Serve warm.
51 Things to Do This Memorial Day Weekend
23 hours ago