1 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 t coconut oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
1 t cumin
1 t sea salt
3 cups fresh enchilada sauce
6-8 savoy cabbage leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the sweet potato chunks in a steamer basket fitted in a small saucepan filled with a couple of inches of water. Bring the water to a boil, then cover and lower the heat, steaming the potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the black beans, cumin, and salt and sauté until heated through.
4. Add the steamed sweet potatoes to the skillet and use the back of a fork to mash them into the cooked black bean mixture, leaving as much texture as you like.
5. Pour 1 cup of the enchilada sauce tint the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Fill each of the cabbage leaves with the sweet potato filling and then wrap the leaves around the filling, creating a tool Arrange the filled cabbage rolls in a single layer in the pan. Pour the remaining 2 cups of enchilada sauce over the top and bake of r35-40 minutes, until the cabbage rolls are tender and the sauce is piping hot. Serve warm.
Cauliflower ‘Pesto’ Pasta
12 hours ago