Basic chicken gets a boost with this hearty, flavorful recipe.
- 1.50 c. peeled baby carrots
- 0.75 c. chicken broth
- 1.50 tbsp. tomato paste
- 5 slice thick-cut bacon
- 10 oz. small button mushrooms
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 bag frozen pearl onions
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken
- Place carrots in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/2 cup water; cover bowl with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on high 4 to 5 minutes, until crisp-tender; drain. Mix broth and tomato paste in a small cup; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep nonstick skillet or Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel. Cook mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, and thyme in bacon drippings in pot over medium-high heat 6 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add onions; continue to cook 3 minutes.
- Raise heat to high; add wine to skillet and deglaze, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon. When wine boils, add broth mixture, stirring to incorporate. Add chicken pieces and carrots; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes, turning chicken once or twice. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.