This rich slow cooked chicken dinner with mushrooms, peas, and potatoes is perfect for an at-home dinner date.
- 2.50 lb. bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 0.50 tsp. salt
- 0.50 tsp. Pepper
- 0.50 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 0.25 tsp. dried thyme
- 0.75 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. chicken-broth base/demi-glace
- 1.50 lb. red potatoes
- 8 oz. white mushrooms
- 1 large shallot
- 2 clove garlic
- 0.50 c. whole milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 0.25 tsp. salt
- 1.50 c. frozen peas
- 0.33 c. light sour cream
- In gallon-size resealable plastic bag, combine bone-in skinless chicken thighs with lemon peel, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; refrigerate overnight.
- In 6- to 7-quart slow cooker bowl, combine chicken broth, base/demi-glace, potatoes, mushrooms, shallot, and garlic. Place chicken in slow cooker bowl on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook 5 hours on low or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F). Transfer chicken to cutting board. Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid. Stir 1/4 teaspoon salt into cooking liquid.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl; mash with milk, melted butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Into chicken mixture, stir peas and sour cream. Serve over potatoes; garnish with chopped parsley.