- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cup water (or enough to cover the vegetables)
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup dry brown rice pasta spirals
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add the curry powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and black pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stir until it is a thick, relishlike sauce.
- Add the water, scraping the bottom of the pan to incorporate all the flavors. Add the squash, carrot, and potato. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil while gently blending the ingredients together. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring a couple of times, until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.