A quick-to-mix peanut butter dressing makes the perfect complement to this whimsical combination of greens, bananas, and berries.
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced strawberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (or almonds)
- PEANUT BUTTER DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla or plain yogurt (or Vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender and process the mixture until smooth.
In a small glass bowl, gently toss the banana slices in the lemon juice to keep the fruit from browning.
Divide the lettuce among four serving dishes and then top it with the bananas and berries. Drizzle peanut dressing over each salad and garnish with chopped peanuts. Serves 4.