- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded, peeled, and coarsely mashed
- Tortilla chips
1. In a bowl combine tomatoes, red onion, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Gently stir in avacados. Cover the surface with plastic wrap. Chill for up to 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips. Makes 2 cups (sixteen 2-tablespoon servings).
Note: For a kicked up version of this guacamole, stir in one or more of the following: 1 seeded, finely chopped jalapeño chile pepper; 1/4 cup dairy sour cream; 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro; 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin; and/or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper.