Little ones love the interactive pleasures of dipping, and this mild carrot puree keeps the wholesome factor high. Serve it with whole-grain bagels or steamed veggies for the younger set, while older kids might enjoy carrot sticks and cucumber slices. Try our other kid-friendly delicious purees, too: Dilly Cucumber Dip and Rosemary-White Bean Dip.
- 2 medium-size carrots, sliced
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (see tip below)
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
Steam the carrots and ginger over boiling water until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
Blend them with the remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth.