- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 Tbsp. natural sweetener
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped pecans
- 3 small small sweet apples, halved and cored
- 1 Tbsp. dairy-free butter, melted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 cups mesclun mix or torn mixed greens
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with foil; lightly coat with cooking spray. In bowl combine brown sugar and finely chopped pecans. Place apple halves, cut sides up, on baking sheet. Brush tops of apples with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, in a screw-top jar combine oil, cider, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Cover; shake well.
3. Arrange greens on serving platter; top with apple halves. Spoon melted sugar and pecans from baking sheet atop salad. Shake dressing; drizzle desired amount on salad. Sprinkle with coarsely chopped pecans. Pass remaining dressing. Makes 6 servings.