Thursday, January 13, 2011

Creamy Vegetable Pasta Salad (dairy-free)

1 16-oz package brown rice pasta (We buy ours at Sprouts)
2 cups chopped raw vegetables (We like a combination of broccoli, carrots, onion, and parsley. Any vegetable combination would work.)
1/4 cup roasted cashews or pine nuts (We used pine nuts and it turned a good dish into a fabulous dish!)
Cucumber Dill Sauce (recipe below)

Cook pasta. Add remaining ingredients. Chill in fridge before eating.

Cucumber Dill Sauce
1/2 cup cashews
3/4 cup water
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 T olive or coconut oil
1 t honey
1 1/2 t Dijon mustard
1/4 t Celtic salt
Dash of red pepper

Blend nuts to a fine powder. Add water. Blend well. Add remaining ingredients. Blend. Pour into saucepan and heat until thickened.

Stir in 1/2 chopped cucumber, 1 t minced onion, 1/2 t dried dillweed.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely fabulous! I love using nuts to create a creamy sauce. Cashews and pine nuts are staples in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful - and fits perfectly with my desire to eat more whole and healthy foods this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make a pasta salad that I can eat every day so that I don't have to keep looking up recipes constantly and save time. I want it to taste good. I am trying to use pumpkin seeds because they are high in iron. If these could be used to substitute the cashews that would be cool. For veggies, I want broccoli, red bell peppers (vit C) & carrots (beta-carotene). I'm hesitant to put honey in it because it is high-glycemic. Do you think stevia would taste ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think stevia would taste great in this salad!

    ReplyDelete